About Me

My photo
Smiling even through the toughest of times is my biggest life goal. I work toward this goal through friends, family, and most importantly music!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 11, An ironic name

I had no reason for living. My happiness had been killed by unknown attackers and somehow I felt that it was connected to the concerned look that Asta gave me before we were attacked. There was only one way to know. I had heard that there was a woman of Peel who could tell the future. It was probably a rumor but anything to ease my pain would be a welcome gift. I traveled the long road to Peel and it went uneventfully. When I arrived I found a very small village that still had pagan pieces of art around and I realized that it was most likely the right place. I asked around and was pointed to the edge of the village. When I approached the house a diminuitive cloaked woman appeared. She leaned upon an iron rod and she spoke my name as I approached. This was proof enough that she was the witch, for I never told anyone my name. We sat on the ground around the fire, she chanted and spoke in tongues that were unrecognizable. Suddenly she broke from her trance and told me something that would haunt me the rest of my life. "Life will end by your own hand in the land of ice." I needed to leave, the memory of Asta haunted me in this place and I couldn't go to Iceland because it you be the end of my life. I had heard of a place called Greenland and it sounded to me like a place where I could avoid my memories and the forsight of icely death. Although it was hard to find a boat across an very infamous Viking, Erik the Red had boats traveling to Greenland. I was lucky enough to get a ride. I became distraught as the voyage continued for as we continued North more and more ice became apparent. After losing many of the boats we came ashore. Immediatley I wanted to leave, but to my dismay we were stuck there the ice and wouldnt be able to leave for quite some time.

No comments: