We sailed to Gotland today to acquire some ornaments and sell off some of my father's iron work. The waters were fairly calm today, though it still churned my stomach like the froth upon the waves. I threw the feeling from my mind and focused on the placement of the rudder. My father said I had been born of the sea and so I would grow to be a great boats-man. Apparently it was true because it wasn't very often someone as young as myself steered the ship. The waters stayed tranquil throughout the journey and we arrived without trouble. I had been to Gotland before, but never had I seen a horde people this large. It was as if a sea of persons covered the Earth. Our weapons would be of no use to us here, too many people and too many guards, today we traded fair. My father's work was well known here and although he brought just a few trinkets I came to realize that the silver wrapped about my arm was not going to be needed.
About Me
- Jonathan Kimbell
- Smiling even through the toughest of times is my biggest life goal. I work toward this goal through friends, family, and most importantly music!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment