Dawn was bleak, for Thor shouted in the heavens. Lightening battered the sky leaving us as only mere shadows through the onslaught of rain. The gods must be smiling on us I thought. For the weather masked our approach upon Dorestad. With each flash from Thor's mighty hammer the Frisian coast grew and grew until the longboats scraped upon the muddy shores. Thirty men leaped from the side of the sodden boat and charged headlong into the unsuspecting trade center. The ground was a slick as ice but it did not seem to bother those rushing towards their wealth and glory. As the sopping mass of muscle approached the town our opposition appeared. Fifteen armor clad men formed a defensive position between us and poor Dorestad. For a split second everything stopped... *Smash!* The two parties collided with a sound that overpowered even the thunder above us. No longer did I act upon thought. Instinct took over and I plowed through the first man who stepped into my way. My sword rang out as I took on the next opponent, it flowed as if it had a mind of its own a mind thirsting for flesh and gore. He swung at me three successive times. *Ting* *ting* *whoosh* I parried twice and ducked under his desperate attempt at my neck. Now was my opportunity. He was off balance to his left and I took full advantage of it, sliding my sword into the seam between his shoulder and torso. His arm flew from his body and became a part of the mush beneath my feet. The man toppled in agony, but his screams didn't deter me from my frenzy. I rushed headlong into the next man putting my shoulder to his unprotected face, dazing him. He was easy prey for my shining appendage. Warm bloody flowed over my fist as a yanked my precious sword from his midsection. I peered around to see that not one of the defenders were left standing. We flew into the trade center like bandits, snatching anything that caught our eyes. And as quickly as we came we were gone, back towards home, safety and sanity.
About Me
- Jonathan Kimbell
- Smiling even through the toughest of times is my biggest life goal. I work toward this goal through friends, family, and most importantly music!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment